Thursday 9 May 2013

Welcome to the Farm

My name is Jon Godbeer. I am a city boy. I was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta. I spent most of my adult life living and working downtown. I moved to Victoria, BC in 2007 to start a family. In a few years, I went from being a single guy to a husband and father of four, I came to know God, I bought my first house, did my first renovations, moved three times, went through half a dozen jobs (in a good way), and it just keeps coming.



In 2012, our lives became intertwined with the lives of three other families when we bought a farm together. The city boy was now firmly planted on the farm. I have had a lifetime of change in the past few years. For someone who is resistant to change, it was a big challenge.

Its been a year and a half and now I want to start sharing the tale of our journey to the farm and beyond. I will share stories and lessons learned, some more educational pieces about farming in Saanich, and some DIY bits on how I accomplished this project or that.

I hope this serves as an encouragement for anyone facing a big change in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment