Monday 24 February 2014

The Sky is Falling

Victoria suffered a rather strange dump of snow over the weekend. It started coming down quite heavily on Friday night and has been coming down non-stop since. Needless to say, this is not normal winter weather. We are not foreign to the idea of snow in winter (we do live in Canada after all), but it certainly does not tend to come down so heavily.

Looking out from in front of the cow barn.



Another shot looking towards the blueberry hut from the cows.
The cow pen.

No harm came from it. Josh and Marc spent a few hours out on Sunday knocking snow of the unpruned bushes. We managed to get a bit of work done beyond that.


The blueberry field on Sunday morning.

It made for a pretty weekend. It also made for a fun weekend for the kids. My sons had their birthday on Sunday and we followed it up with an afternoon of sliding down the driveway on inner tubes. Getting to work this morning was a bit of a mess until I hit the main roads, but I have been driving snowy roads in the winter for most of my adult life. It's just a matter of being patient.

I'm not as uncomfortable as I look.

No comments:

Post a Comment